The Divine Forces of the Lunar Naksatras represents more than decade of inquiry, exploration and research into the Vedic scriptures and the mythology associated with the divine rulers of the lunar naksatras.
Highlights of The Divine Forces of the Lunar Naksatrasinclude the following.
- Revelation of the novel hypothesis that the naksatra devatas are members of the elite thirty-three Divine Forces revered nearly 5,000 years ago in the hymns of the Ṛgveda.
- Portrayal of the character, mystical powers and epithets of each naksatra devata as depicted in the Vedas. Importantly, their mystical sacrificial forms, myths and Brahmanic rites and rituals are unveiled.
- Presentation of translations of several critical Sanskrit scriptures that divulge original attributes of the naksatras and their devatas. Such texts have never before been available in English to the Jyotisha community.
- The recounting of the naksatra devatas’ Puranic legends, including Daksha’s great sacrificial yajna, the birth of Agni’s son, the burning of the Kāndava forest, the churning of the ocean and others.
- Implications for the birth chart for each naksatras!